ASSASSIN HTPC’s top priority is customer service and making sure you have the right HTPC for your needs. This means that you, not our systems are the most important part of our business. It doesn't do us any good to have any customers unhappy or unsatistfied with their systems. So we try to do everything we can within reason to make sure you are enjoying your Assassin HTPC system!
ULTIMATE SETUP DOWNLOADS:
Because you are foregoing having us build and configure your system. The Standard Warranty for our Assassin Ultimate Software Download is very limited. This helps keep costs down for you. Although issues are rare, we will direct most questions or issues you have to our online blogs or other guides with the understanding that you will be able to implement any fixes that you might need to.
PRE-BUILT HTPC HARDWARE WARRANTY:
We will warranty all hardware for 90 days in house and will always help you engage the manufacturer aftter the 90 days has expired (most hardware parts have up to a 5 years warranty from the manufacturer).
*All UPC's and product information is shipped with your system so you will have all the necessary documents and information to handle any warranty claims (It is your responsibility to maintain these documents and UPC's).
PRE-BUILT HTPC SOFTWARE WARRANTY:
Due to variations in A/V equipment and home theater setups. Sometimes fine tuning your HTPC to work perfectly with your other audio/video components can be the toughest challenge.
But you don't have to face this battle alone! This exact reason is why we offer 30 days of free setup when you purchase the Assassin Ultimate Setup!!
With the Assassin Ultimate Setup we will make sure you are completely satisfied and up and running in the first 30 days of receiving your HTPC.
Due to the nature of HTPC's and how they are customized and used. We can only offer 30 days of free support for setup.
So take advantage of the first 30 days and test everythign out!
After 30 days for those that get into trouble they can't get out of you can always enlist our service for the low cost of $39.99 an hour.
Our Extended warranty gives you software support for an entire year after you receive your Assassin HTPC.
The Assassin HTPC Guarantee:
- Our standard warranty is 90 days for hardware and 30 days software support. Extended warranties cover both hardware and software for 1 year each!
- We will warranty all parts in your system during the warranty period as long as they are used in the manner they are delivered in (i.e. overclocking your system will void the warranty and is not needed for HTPC use). Additional hardware additions/replacements by the user that has not been performed or authorized by Assassin HTPC will result in the warranty being voided.
- We offer 90 days hardware and 30 days of free software support to help you get your system set up and functioning properly. During those 30 days we will never charge you for labor, remote connection support or phone support for software and setup issues. After those 30 days however, HTPC's don't magically start functioning differently without you "helping" them. So we must (in order to stay in business) charge for support hourly after that. The payment must be completed prior to support being performed.
- During this time also confirm the way the HTPC is setup is to your liking. If you have multiple drives. Understand that our default setup is to span drives so they all have one drive letter. This is preferred by most people but understand the failure of one of the spanned drives could lead to losing data on all the drives if you do not have a backup or raid system in place.
- If during the first 30 days after you take delivery of your system there happens to be a problem with your unit or it is incapable of performing the functions you need it to, we will replace it with a system that is right for you. Shipping and restocking fees may apply but rarely do. It’s our main goal to get you the right HTPC for your needs.
- At your request, we may be able to fix some issues by connecting remotely to your system with already installed software. This service may be recorded for quality assurance and privacy purposes.
- After the initial 90 days hardware warranty, the hardware inside your Assassin HTPC still carries a manufacturer's warranty (often times for up to several years). We will do our best to help you engage those manufacturers in the result of any issues that may arise.
- Custom work: There are no refunds for custom work. This does NOT mean custom HTPC configurations which are covered under our standard warranty but represents specialized custom work geared towards a specific individual (i.e. custom paint or graphics, specific cases, special order components, etc).
- Customer Directed Configurations - For HTPC configurations that have been directed by the customers or whose components have been selected by the customer; Assassin HTPC can only guarantee that the individual components are functioning as expected at the time of shipment. We cannot guarantee or offer any warranty that the components will work in conjunction with each other or with their home theater system. Replacement, service, repairs, etc. for any incompatible components selected by the customer will be done so at full cost.
- International Shipments: We always will try our best to solve any international issues remotely. Shipping internationally is expensive. We ship all international shipments double boxed with CIF incoterms meaning buyer is responsible for product once it passes through customs. If product must be shipped back for any reason that responsibility lies with the customer.
MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
Assassin HTPC offers a 30 day money back guarantee on all of our systems. You can return the system if not completely satisfied within 30 days of receiving it from the date of delivery signature specified by FedEx tracking number. All systems returned are subject to a 20% restocking fee, unless otherwise specified by an Assassin HTPC representative. All returned merchandise must be accompanied by its original packaging, accessories and manuals or it will be refused. You must also contact Assassin HTPC customer support for a Return Authorization Number (RAN#) prior to return of merchandise. Assassin HTPC will not be responsible for shipping to Assassin HTPC after 30 days if an RAN# is requested. In the events of a change of heart or cancellation of an order already in the production process, a 5% Service fee will be applied even if the order has not shipped unless otherwise specified by an Assassin HTPC representative. A refund may not be possible for any customer directed hardware selections and is up to the decision of the Assassin HTPC representative.
RETURN AND REPLACEMENT POLICY
Defective merchandise will be replaced with a like item, upon return of the defective merchandise. Assassin HTPC is not responsible for any damages caused by either internal or external equipment, shorted connections or components not installed by or purchased from Assassin HTPC. Assassin HTPC is not responsible for damages to any components or loss of any data inadvertently caused by products, under normal or abnormal use, including those purchased from Assassin HTPC. Assassin HTPC will not replace, repair or refund any purchase if an item’s serial number does not match what was originally sold.